Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baby acne and Bouncy




The past week and this one are just a flying by. I can't say we have been busy but taking care of a baby IS busy. I haven't taken many pictures the past few weeks. I can barely keep track of what day it is. Last weekend we had Paul's parents over for dinner to celebrate his Dad's birthday and on Sunday we had planned to go to church. I didn't sleep much Saturday night and early Sunday morning I put Harper in her swing and I took a nap on the couch. Paul woke me up asking if I felt like going to church. I really wanted to go so I got up and started getting Harper ready. Last minute she decided she was hungry so I nursed her while Paul ironed his clothes. I was still in my pj's and a complete wreck when Paul came into the nursery and said "I don't think we are going to make it." I just laughed because all morning we kept saying "we're gonna make it, we ARE going to make it." I held up Harper in her smocked dress and told him at least one of us was ready. Paul suggested I finish nursing Harper then get ready and we would go get lunch somewhere to get out of the house. About to sneeze!


Harper has baby acne. It is just pitiful. You can barely see it in these photos but it is all over her face and neck. Poor thing! Can you tell she is still losing hair?? She is losing it on top but the back is still growing so right now she has a mullet!


I took most of these photos today. A lady from church gave me a photo album titled "Firsts" and in it is a slot for "the morning after you slept all night" well Harper slept from 11 pm to 6 am last night!!! I count that as all night! I must admit I woke up in a panic and immediately checked to see if she was breathing. (that is such a horrible feeling) After feeling her chest I just looked at her all peaceful and thought- your head is bigger-ha! She has been nursing non-stop lately and I felt she was having a growth spurt. I think she grew during the night!


I went to a local consignment sale over the weekend and got this cute smocked ladybug dress. It is hard to find long sleeve smocked dresses. I also found this cute monogrammed H dress that I think will be cute for Valentines Day.



Harper is starting to like her bouncy seat. One of Paul's co-workers suggested we take out the pillow headrest so she could feel the bounce more and it seems to have worked.




1 comments:

Kim said...

So glad she slept the night. =) Keep that camera nearby. I don't want to miss something. =)