I have been watching and waiting for Harper to smile. I've seen her do a little smirk every now in then in her sleep but never at me. All of my books and baby sites have been saying that she should be smiling and recognizing me but I was starting to worry because it hadn't happened yet. Even our pediatrician asked us if she had come to this milestone. I knew it was a matter of time and kept telling myself to be patient. I actually told my parents last week that I didn't think she knew who I was. She seemed to act the same no matter who was taking care of her or talking to her. Well a few mornings ago I had just nursed her, layed her down beside me, was talking to her and she gave me the most gorgeous smile ever. I had my phone nearby and was able to take a picture. Immediately after her smile she released alot of gas and poop and I got sad thinking she wasn't actually smiling at me but was happy to have released all that pressure. Either way I am taking the smile for me and look forward to seeing many more happy faces from this cutie pie.
Happy May!
11 years ago

1 comments:
Of course she knows her sweet mommy. I bet she knows your voice. And I hear they have gassy smiles at first.
Post a Comment