Monday, July 11, 2011

The Rash

Harper came down with a severe rash. I noticed it Thursday morning but it was just under her chin. By 6 pm it was all over her body and by morning she just looked pitiful. We already had a doctors appt on Friday for a weight check so we had the doctor look at this as well. He wasn't sure what the cause could be. He ruled out a heat or fever rash and believes it is a reaction to something happening internally as opposed to her having a reaction to an outside element such as lotion, soap, etc. Thankfully it doesn't seem to bother her. He thinks it may be a reaction to medicine. I took Ibuprofen a few days back and Harper is currently taking a vitamin D and gas medicine so we are taking everything away to see if it clears. If it doesn't he told us to go to Arkansas Childrens Hospital to see a Pediatric dermatologist. I hope it clears fast, she looks so pitiful. Good news is Harper is back to her birth weight and now weighs 8.4 lbs.



On the way to the doctor






It started out with tiny bumps then the bumps turned into a bright red rash


You can see it on her arms in this picture. This dress was a gift to Harper from my brother. It is so cute and perfect for summer!

2 comments:

Bekki said...

*GASP*! That first picture made me tear up! I sure hope that baby gets better and y'all figure out what is going on!! I know it had to break your heart seeing it all over her!

Danielle said...

Oh my!! I'm so sorry about this! I know it's so hard seeing your baby this way. Thank goodness it's not bothering her. I pray that she's ok and it's an easy fix. She's beautiful!