

We have finally finished Harper's nursery! I have one more thing to hang (the moosehead hook) but other than that I think it is finished. Paul picked out the moosehead hook (in last collage) and I have grown to love him. After we bought him I saw them in a lot of my design blogs, magazines and even Ballard Designs. I also saw them featured in nursery's! Who knew Paul had such great design taste. I purchased ours along with the two antique furniture pieces at Vintage Rose in Quitman, Arkansas. It is one of my favorite places and the owner Anne is such a sweetheart. If you ever get a chance to stop by you should but you may want to take a truck because you never know what you will find
The rosettes above the crib were last minute. My original plan was to paint a damask stencil that matched the bedding on that wall. I ordered the stencil ($50) and after 3 or 4 tries I gave up. What a waste!! I may try again later but I was so frustrated I had to put it away. Other than that, I could not find anything I liked to go on that massive wall. I had thought about the monogrammed mirror but feared it falling in the crib on Harper. I thought once she was able to stand and see herself she would start hitting it and it would fall. Crazy, I know but for my peace of mind I hung that elsewhere. Soooo until I find something perfect for above the crib the rosettes will have to do. Thanks to Martha Stewart they are very easy to make. I saw them at a boutique in Nashville, TN and asked the owner if I could buy them. She told me she made hers and got the idea from Martha Stewart.
The rug, curtains, hanging polka dot frog, and chandelier all came from Ikea. Other accessories came from TJMaxx, Hobby Lobby, or Pottery Barn Kids. The pink side table was a thrift store find that I re-painted ( I love the detailing on it) and the desk was one that Paul's parents were going to get rid of so I took it and re-painted it as well. The chair and bedding are custom and all the H's and canvases were special gifts given to us from very talented friends.
I had so much fun creating this nursery. Paul was a huge help and through the process I realized he has good taste in decor. Now all we need is a baby!
1 comments:
I am in love with the nursery!! I have so many comments and I know I will forget some!
1) The furniture is perfect!! You did SUCH a great job on the little scalloped pink table! And the pink stool - I love that old style! Both the antique dresser and armoire are amazing - so proud of you for finding those.
2) I love the colors and the fact that it is SO girly! From the itty bitty dresses to the japanese lanterns to the rosettes above her crib.
3) I LOVE the monogrammed curtains! That one little detail made me want to scream. I also love that her name and initials are all over the place!
4) Clever idea on the mirror - and I TOTALLY would have thought the same thing about the mirror falling into the crib!!
5) I love the moosehead hook! (and Ballard Designs ;))
6) I cannot wait to see her wear all of the clothes hanging in that closet!! She's going to be one well dressed baby!
I am sure I forgot to comment one something but for the sake of not seeming obsessed w/ your nursery, I will stop! HA! So happy for you and you have done such a great job nesting, momma!
Post a Comment