We will have our little Harper this week so we took advantage of the lazy and HOT weekend. Friday we had dinner at Jason's deli. I crave yogurt or ice cream right now and since they have soft serve ice cream and yummy fruit we decided to eat there. I can never get my cone to come out pretty. That machine messes me up everytime. I'm like a kid trying to get it on the cone without making a mess. Paul on the other hand does his perfect everytime. Not kidding, last time these two ladies made a big to do about how perfect his cone was!

Afterwards, Pauls parents came over for a visit and we were able to sit outside and use our new patio furniture. Then Paul and I rented a redbox movie and watched it in bed. On Saturday my only plan was to attend a local flea market. I knew they had cheap hairbows and some other crafty baby stuff so I wanted to go one last time before Harper was here. Paul decided last minute he wanted to go with me so off we went. We came home with some hairbows for Bella and Harper, some books, and these adorable diaper covers and leg warmers!! Can you tell who picked out what? Yep, I got the diaper covers and Paul picked out the leg warmers!

After we left the flea market we decided to go downtown to the Farmers market. We ended up getting a really close parking spot which I was grateful for since it was so hot. We got lots of fresh fruit and veggies and some Amish bread.

Since we were already downtown we had lunch at one of our favorite spots- flying fish. We both tried something new and tried to eat healthy. It was good but next time I think we will stick to the fried baskets we are used to, they are just better!

I got alot of stares and smiles. You know the smiles from ladies that say "bless your heart." People couldn't believe I was out in public, in the heat, with my due date in just a few days. I kept telling people I was trying to "walk" her out.

Across from the Farmers Market on the riverfront they were getting ready for a dog jumping competition. We went over and watched a few dogs practice. They were loving it! Truth be told I wanted to jump in that water myself!

This pic reminds me of what our black lab would look like if he were jumping. He is obsessed with tennis balls and would have loved it-too bad he has major social anxiety and can't go anywhere :(

We finished the night off with another redbox movie. Sunday wasn't as active. Paul asked if I felt like going to church and I really wanted to go. I knew I wouldn't be able to go for the next few weeks and my week always seem to go much better if I start it off right so we went. Well half way through we had to leave. I felt aweful, couldn't catch my breath and my stomach was starting to cramp. All I could think about was my water breaking on the church pew!! We spent the rest of the day at home. Paul installed the carseat and I did some light cooking and cleaning before laying on the couch to watch the big game.
2 comments:
I can't believe you are so close!!! I was just thinking this weekend how we really should have come to see you guys and gone out before the baby came. I guess it's a little late thinking. However, you bet we'll be coming to meet Harper once she arrives! You are in our prayers! Just remember, one of the best days of your lives is almost here!
Awww... your last weekend. That really hit home! Wow.
Sounds like you had a great weekend. Farmer's market looks cool. Love the leg warmers. =)
Enjoy your last couple of DAYS alone. =)
Post a Comment