Friday, June 24, 2011

Hello World, I have arrived!

Harper was born Thursday, June 16 at 5:56 pm weighing 8.3 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long. My labor started out great and when it came time to push I told Paul this was going to be easier than I had thought. I spoke too soon. We had some complications during delivery and there were a few moments where we thought it might take a turn for the worse. NICU was called in and my labor ended up long and exhausting (I will spare the details) but after all was done we came home with a healthy, beautiful, black-haired, baby girl. Paul was so supportive and was the absolute best during labor. My mom also got to witness Harpers birth and was in the room with us. That ended up being a last minute decision but we really needed her assistance and I am so glad she was there, she too was so supportive and encouraging. I could not have done it without either one of them!
the day before, mom and I made cookies for the hospital staff and visitors






we also had some Bubble Gum cigars to pass out






We were suppose to check into the hospital at midnight on Wednesday. Wednesday night there was a full moon and the hospital was full of women already in labor so they sent us home and told us to come back at 5am. I felt like Mary in the Bible when she and Joseph were told there was no room at the inn and she gave birth to Jesus in the stable-ha!


last belly photo!



My dad showed up with a pink teddy bear for Harper-so sweet!















Paul suprised me with a push present- a Coach diaper bag-he said I deserved it after our ordeal. He also told me I needed to pull my hair back because it was so gross from all the sweat during labor, looking at this photo I think it needed more than a headband!-ha!



Paul's dad, I have one of his mom too but for some reason it won't download




lots of black hair


Mimi and Papa G







Me and Harper in our matching PJ's








3 comments:

Bekki said...

I have been waiting on these pictures!! I am so happy that she is finally here! She is beautiful - love the hair!
The cookies, bubble gum cigars, and matching pj's are too cute!
GREAT push present! You definitely deserve it!
(BTW: the baby boy, Parker, that you made Alabama stuff for was born the day after Harper :))

Danielle said...

Thank you for sharing all of this with us! She's PERFECT!!!! Motherhood is beautiful on you! I hope you're doing good and getting adjusted. Congratulations on YOUR FAMILY!!

Kim said...

Love all the photos! Thank you for putting these on here!