Sunday, June 5, 2011

SummerTime

Summer has already hit us hard this year. This past week the temps have been in the high 90's. Not good for a 9 month pregnant girl!! Paul was in a wedding on Saturday. It was mid afternoon, outside, and he was in suit. I felt so bad for him. I wasn't able to go so instead Bella and I went to get a snow cone. Lately, I have been craving coke icees- yum! but I have only found them at the mall which is too hard to go in and get. I should probably check some local gas stations but that too seems exhausting.

It began to melt immediately and by the time I got home it was just syrup. I also got a much needed spray tan, manicure and pedicure. Made me feel much better.


Paul has started P90X. He says it is sooo hard. I can hear him moaning or saying things under his breath while doing it that make me laugh. So far he is sticking with it. I asked him why he was all the sudden trying to get fit. (You may remember a few months ago he trained for the half marathon) He said he was already going to be an older dad so he wanted to make sure he was a fit and in shape dad. He said if Harper wanted to play all day he wanted to be able to play with her. I am glad he is getting in shape but it makes me feel like a huge blob as I lay on the couch with my ice cream in hand!!

2 comments:

Bekki said...

Ha - you're not a huge blob! That was a funny comment, though. ;) Paul sounds like he's going to be a good daddy - w/ the preparing to be in shape to the little comment about doing Harper's hair. Precious!

Now I want an Icee! It's going to be the 2nd hottest day of the year in SLC - 83...ha!

Praying for your comfort in these last weeks! I am sure you are more than ready for her to get here.

Kim said...

The blob on the couch with ice cream comment made me laugh. =)
And I need more explanation about the wedding. It sounds like you couldn't go b/c you had an Icee to get. =)