We live, on what I call, the busiest street in Little Rock. It's not a highway or interstate but it is one of those roads that connects to everything and everyone seems to travel it. It is 4 lanes and the speed limit is 30 but I don't think anyone goes under 50. Our neighbors across the street have had many cars run into their front yard taking down trees, light poles, or their black rope fence. (Not sure if you can see it in the pic below) I do believe they have this "movie theatre" fence up for this exact reason... to help the cars stop before hitting the house. There is a slight curve before both of our houses that contributes to these accidents but it is still uncalled for. Well this morning it was our turn! I woke up at 6:00 am to a knock at our front door. I looked out our bedroom window to see a cop car out front. I went to the door and saw this car and our poor tree in the front yard. I asked the cop if everyone was ok and she said it was Road Rage and the driver of this car rear ended another car and must have lost control causing them to land on our property. The driver got out and fled the scene by foot leaving his car in our yard. The officer was letting me know that they had called a tow truck to remove the car and gave me information I needed for an incident report in case we had damage other than the tree. I did wake up at one point hearing something and thought to myself someone has hit our house -but I have been having crazy dreams lately and since it didn't wake Paul I went back to sleep. I bet everyone (including our neighbors) think we are nuts for sleeping through it and not coming outside for all the drama.
Happy May!
11 years ago
2 comments:
Oh my stars!! That's awful. I hope the police charge the guy the cost of your tree!
OH NO!!! So glad that the tree was the only casualty! Poor tree.
Post a Comment