Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas in Arkansas

We spent Christmas in Arkansas this year with Paul's side of the family. Harper got some wonderful things from all of her loved ones. Her grandparents go her this absolutely adorable Patagonia jacket and some toys for her kitchen. She also got some puzzles that we put together multiple times a day.


After having Christmas dinner and gifts with Paul's parents and his brother we headed to a cabin for the rest of Christmas week. They rent out this massive cabin for all of the family and it is so much fun. We love going there to relax and spend time with family.


always a game of cards being played

 Even though Santa visited us early he still came on Christmas Eve and left Harper a few more toys. This was Paul's first time to have to put together a toy for Christmas. I have a feeling there will be much more of this to come!
Her Aunt Tara and Uncle Alan got her this doll that she just loves. She calls it "baby" and puts it in and out of her stroller that Santa left for her. We also have taken her paci away during the day and for the first few days I caught her trying to suck on the dolls paci. It was funny, especially since the doll paci is attached. Harper would have to try really hard to get it in her mouth.
love her lips in this photo. She likes to say "whoo whoo whoo" Paul loves doing this with her. He loves how she does her lips.



Her Aunt Paula and Uncle Anthony gave her this precious handmade wooden sewing machine. Oh how I love it. So unique.
We started a tradition this year. Since I do all of the gift planning, buying and wrapping. We thought it would be fun for Paul to get Harper one thing on his own. To her from him. He decided to get her an Elmo. She is starting to get into Elmo. I hope years from now she anticipates her gifts from her daddy. I think it will be a special thing for just the two of them.
Harper in her Randad's glasses. She thought it was so funny to put them on.
While getting ready one morning I see Harper applying blush. It amazes me how much they learn from observation.
Harper meeting her cousin Marlee for the first time.


showing Randad her stroller and her doll.
This child loves blocks!
One day the boys went fly fishing.

0 comments: