Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The smell of Christmas

Christmas is in full effect at our home. Is it just me or does Christmas have it's own smell. I think it's just a combination of things that are only used or made this time of year but I love the smell and the feel.
Paul was hunting over the weekend so Harper and I got crafty. I had planned on going to the Peabody hotel to see Santa escort in the ducks but it POURED down rain ALL day so we decided to paint reindeer instead. Harper loved having the paint on her feet. She would smile and giggle. She also sat very still. It went much better than I ever imagined it would. It went so well we made 6 reindeer to give to family at Christmas.

This was her hand turkey she made at school. Her teacher gave it to me one day when I dropped her off and it was all I could do not to cry. (I did get a little misty eyed) It's just the cutest smallest hand turkey I have ever seen!

Our tree!! Paul says it looks much better than it did last year-ha! Not sure what he meant by that. Although I have finally mastered the mesh!



Our new stockings. Paul LOVES stockings and when I showed him how adorable Harper's was his comment was "it's not big enough"





Harper's tree

Peppermint hanging out in Harper's room. He rarely ever leaves this spot-:)

Her Christmas bedding I purchased on clearance at Pottery Barn when I was pregnant.

Her other tree

Her Granna and Randad gave her this precious Little People nativity set

2 comments:

Kim said...

I always LOVE how you decorate for Christmas!!!

Bekki said...

LOVE all the decorations!!