I have been saying the title of this post to myself alot lately. Lately while out doing my holiday shopping I have been picking up myself a present or two and quickly have to remind myself of the words above. I also felt a little quilty when I realized I had not taken Harper's picture with the toys we gave to our church toy drive. Why??? Since this is her first year of life, I try to capture and record every small detail, every cute outfit and every milestone. But I also want recorded in her scrapbook the good deeds she needs to know about and learn. This blog is my scrapbook and I'm not posting this to "toot my own horn" but I want Harper to know that we/she gave some toys to some needy children for Christmas. I want her to know and to learn that it IS better to give than to receive and that she may have a few less presents under the tree by giving to those in need.
Acts 20:35 -In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive. Look at all the wonderful toys our church gathered. It actually wraps around the hallway
Happy May!
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment