Saturday, April 30, 2011

No Ants Marching!



This has been our first weekend home in longtime so we had a list of things that needed to be done. First and foremost was a good housecleaning. I can't clean it in one day like I used to so now I take one room at a time and then rest. Otherwise, I get so tired and my body aches. I also have some things left to finish in the nursery and Paul did some yardwork. We started our Saturday off with the usual breakfast at Ozark cafe then ran to Home Depot and came back home to get started on the list.



The yardwork wasn't part of the plan but last weekend we came home from Tennesee to ants in our kitchen. We get them every year. We have tried everything including having Terminix come and spray on a regular basis. We finally discovered they were living in the bark outside the kitchen in our backyard. I had already told Paul that if we got them this year I wanted all the bark pulled up because I could not take care of a baby and deal with ants! Well... a few days ago I found them in our pantry and cabinets and that was it for me. Paul was out of town so I had to clean and get rid of them as best as I could by myself. I actually stayed really calm when I told Paul, I figured blowing up wouldn't solve anything anyway and he already knew how I felt about the pesky little pest.



On Friday I took a late nap and when I woke up Paul was outside and already had half of the bark pulled up. I was SO happy and so thankful to him for taking on the task his first weekend at home. Today, he finished the rest and said he found lots of ants and lots of eggs-YUCK!!! Hopefully, this will cure the ant issue. Now we just have to decide what to do with the backyard.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow. I'm impressed y'all were able to locate where they were coming from! I've had ant issues before, but I've been lucky the past couple of years. Gross! about the eggs. =)

Bekki said...

Ugh!!! Ants (or any pest) drive me insane!!! So glad he took care of that for you!!
(One thing I love about Utah is that we never have pest problems and the dogs NEVER get ticks or fleas - soo happy about that one! I remember how bad it is in the south - bless you!)