Thursday, April 28, 2011

A cure for the craving

Since the beginning of my pregnancy I have been craving some Skyline chili or Cinncinati chili as I call it. My cravings for it were really high in the winter months but I still have been wanting some. I checked my local Kroger and they did not sell it. They sell it in Tennessee and St. Louis so I assumed ours would have it too but I could not find it. Well, my good friend Kelsey, who lives in Cinncinati, sent me 3 cans this week-oh happy day!!!! She paid $8 just to ship it which is probably double what the cans cost themselves!!! How sweet is that? It made my day!!!

Today I went to the doctor and all seems well with Harper. She is head down and her heartbeat is good. She kicked the doctor when she tried to put the monitor on and wouldn't cooperate with giving us an accurate reading so the doctor put me in another room and had me put on a larger heart monitor that could give a more accurate reading. When the nurse put this one on Harper started kicking it as if she wanted off of her!! so funny! I was on it for 20 minutes and the heartbeat was over a loud speaker so I could hear it the entire time. Every time she moved I was suppose to press a button and the reading was printed out on paper. All is good!! Her heartrate is about 120 but when she moves (which is alot) it goes up to about 140. From here on out I will go once a week.

My doctor asked if I had everything ready and this stressed me out a bit. So as soon as I left I went to Target and Babies R US and got some essentials for my hospital bag. I also went to TJMaxx and got some pj's and houseshoes!! I still have more to get but I do feel a little bit better and more prepared!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love that you're craving chili! That's hilarious! =) So glad to hear that Harper's doing good. It won't be long now! I'm so excited for you and Paul!

Kim said...

GROSS!!! =) LOL. So glad Kels sent you some though.
Glad the appt went well. My eyes got wide at the line about you being ready. Whew.

Bekki said...

So funny about the chili! Cincinnati chili is definitely a specific taste!
Once a week doctors visits means you're close - woohoo!! Can't wait to see her precious face (and the nursery!!).