Thursday, March 27, 2014

Daddy ate my bar

 Harper had appointment at the dentist for her cavities. We decided the best option was to give her anesthesia and have her sleep through it. Since there were so many to do I knew this was the best option and the dentist agreed. I really did not want her to have any bad memories of the dentist or to be terrified of going. Let me just tell you, going through the anesthesia process was aweful. I held it together until she fell asleep and then I lost it. I am so happy Paul was with me and I am so glad it is over. While the dentist was working on her 4 cavities he decided there were 2 more that needed to be filled. We were going to just seal these for prevention but once inside he recommend we just fill them. So that is a total of 6 cavities.
 Having some fun with daddy in the waiting room.
 Afterwards, she looks so tired. She could not eat or drink anything before her morning appointment.  Paul and I packed some protein breakfast bars for us to eat at the office because we did not want to eat at home in front of her. She saw us packing them and wanted one. We told her after the dentist she could have it. Well when she woke up she was very whiney and dramatic and started asking for a "candy" bar ( I very quickly corrected her in front of the dentist... you mean breakfast bar) She found the empty wrapper and starting crying saying "daddy at my bar." It was funny but so sad. You would have thought she lost her puppy. The entire way home she was so upset over the bar. Once home we gave her one and she ate the whole thing.
Later that afternoon when she was back to herself. I pulled out a new princess dress for her to wear. My nannie gave it to her for Christmas and I had stored it away for another day. This was the perfect day for her to have it!
Uncle Mike sent Harper a HUGE package for being such a good girl at the dentist. Sadly, I somehow deleted the photos but it was a huge Disney suitcase filled with goodies and the sweetest note attached. I took a video of Harper opening it and sent it to him. She loves her uncles!

0 comments: