Monday, October 8, 2012

San Francisco Part 2

 View from the top of Lombard Street
 Here we are at Lombard Street the most crooked street in the world with 8 sharp turns.
 You can see just a few of them here. I jokingly asked Paul if he wanted to drive it.


 The next day we went to Sonoma Valley but stopped in Sausalito for breakfast.

 In Sonoma Valley we went to a vineyard for a wine tasting. It was picking season so we were able to see the grapes on the vines. It was absolutely beautiful. Paul and I are not wine drinkers so this was the only winery we went to. We thought about continuing the drive to Napa Valley but decided against it after speaking to several people.





 That night we had dinner at the oldest restaurant in San Francisco. It was so crowded and probably our best meal. Paul got the special. I can't even remember what is was called, but to this day he still talks about how delicious it was. He loves to watch shows like diners, drive-ins and dives so this was right up his alley.


1 comments:

Bekki said...

We drove up Lombard (actually down it) but on our way up we saw multiple wrecks when people didn't push on the gas hard enough to get up the hill! Crazy!

Oh my - I LOVE Sonoma. Way better than Napa, IMO. Such beautiful country!