We have had a very very crazy past week. Paul's aunt passed away last week from cancer so we went to Arkansas for part of the week. I just hate Cancer. I really do. I have lost so many loved ones to it and I am always reading or hearing sad stories involving it. I really wish it would go away. Lately, I have been praying just that. Straight and to the point! ha
We arrived back in Nashville late Friday night and had to leave Saturday morning for Kentucky. My dad's side of the family has their reunion this time every year. Last year I attempted to go but got sick with a horrible stomach virus at my parents house and couldn't make it. We had already made plans to attend this year and even though it was tough we did it. Poor Harper, she was so tired of being in a car. I felt so bad for her. Paul and I made a promise that we would not take any more trips until the holidays. We need family time at in our own home. I am glad we went because we were able to spend time with family we do not get to see near enough! Harper was able to hang out with her nanny and uncle charlie too!My brother Michael stayed the night with us Friday night and made the trip up with us Saturday. We were so happy to have his company. He drove us up there which was really nice especially since Paul had driven the trip the night before back from Arkansas. Unfortunately, Michael got a taste of what it is like to have a grumpy toddler. At the festival we gave Harper her first bite of funnel cake. She of course liked it.
My dad took Harper on the cow ride. The were mechanical and would go around in circles. Harper loved it and would clap her hands. I have it on video and it is so funny to watch.
Harper kept pointing to other kids balloons so Mimi made sure she had one before we left. Harper loves her Mimi so much.
My mom made these adorable acorn treats. She got the recipe/idea out of southern living. The are not only cute but so so yummy!
My extended family lives on a farm and raises cows so Paul and my dad took Harper out to see the cows.
Since then Harper and I have stayed home and have spent alot of time outside. This is us having an afternoon snack outside.
0 comments:
Post a Comment