Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Updates

 A few weekends back we took Harper to her first birthday party. It was for her best friend Henslee. I wish I had taken pictures of the party because it was so cute! Meghan had the cutest theme of "pink lemonade" and had the house full of cute decorations. Harper got to wear her "birthday" smocked dress one more time.
 These sunglasses were part of the party favors.
 I put some pasta on Harper's tray and she couldn't get it with her fingers so she just used her mouth. Hilarious, she makes me laugh on a daily basis.

This is my chalkboard wall that I just painted. Meghan had some left over paint that she let me borrow. She did one in her house but it has curves and is in a pretty shape. I tried to think of something fun to do but just came up with a simple square. I want to spell out EAT above it since it is in our kitchen but I feel like we have letters and numbers everywhere so I don't want to over do it. I am sure I could find something on pintrest but right now I just don't have the time.
This is the hook board we have in our laundry room. I bought this when we lived in Arkansas. There were two that I wanted but we only had room for one. So this is the one I chose. In this house we have two entries so I wanted to get the other one. Come to find out they have been discontinued and no one has them anymore. I would randomly put it in google to see if anyone had it on ebay or if an online shop had any but never had any luck. One day I did! It came up for sell on Craigslist but in Texas. The lady was selling it cheap so I offered to buy it and pay for shipping. She was super nice and went to the trouble of mailing it for me. She loved it too but it was too big for her home and wanted me to have it.
and this is my pantry... I am a sucker for organization. I feel everything has a home and it belongs there. I am not a fan of wire shelving. Everytime I opened the doors stuff would fall over or between the cracks onto the floor. So I searched hi and low for affordable baskets that matched. I still need a few more but I am very happy with what I have. I even have a basket of food just for Harper. This helps Paul and my aunts when they are watching Harper and she needs a snack. My advice is get baskets with handles, it makes pulling them out easier.

1 comments:

Bekki said...

Oh my WORD. I LOVE the organization in your pantry!!!

You could always buy moulding, paint it an accent color that goes with your kitchen, and frame the chalkboard paint. Such a GREAT idea to use that in your kitchen!!

Can't wait to see your house when you're done decorating (unless you've already posted it and I didn't know...I'm behind on reading blogs!).