Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bye Bye

 Today we said Bye Bye to Paci. My best friend gave me some good advice and said it is better to take it away now before she can talk back to you and throw a fit. She was speaking from experience.

It is funny because this is the day Harper actually said the words "Bye Bye" to Paul as he was leaving for work. Yesterday I thought about taking it away from her soon but had no real plans set. We had wanted to do it at one year but the poor child was going through so much transition I wanted her to have that comfort.

Today on our morning walk I realized she didn't have her paci. I decided to try not giving it to her all day and she did great!! She got fussy a few times but since it wasn't attached to her and no where in sight she didn't seem to miss it. I was worried about nap time but I kept her very active so she would be very tired. I heard her over the monitor once in what sounded like she was looking for it but she went to sleep and we carried on the rest of the day.

 She is currently down for the night. Again, I kept her active so she would be very sleepy. I will say she has always been a good sleeper, considering stories I have heard from other moms, and she has always transitioned very very easily. I am so scared to have another because this one is so "easy."  As if raising any child is "easy."
 This was around 5 pm. 9 hours and a nap with no paci!!

This was her on her our afternoon walk. I guess she did miss having something in her mouth! I have to admit she was pretty darn cute with the paci in her mouth. I loved how she would pick it up and put it in her mouth or how I would watch her through the cracked door in the mornings sitting in her bed "talking" while twirling it. Or how Paul would always tease her with it and she would just laugh with her mouth wide open as if she was a baby bird waiting on a worm.

0 comments: