Friday, October 7, 2011

The Beach 2011 Part 1

Over the Labor Day we went to Destin with my family. We went with my extended family for the holiday weekend and spent the rest of the week with just my parents. Unfortunately we got hit by the tropical storm and only had 2 sunny days. Even though the weather was bad we had some wonderful family time and made a lot of memories.









One night the guys stayed in to watch football so we had a girls night and went out to dinner



my cousins, aren't they all sooo beautiful!








This was taken before church on Sunday. We went to this really small church that was basically one room. There was no nursery and the bathroom was tiny. My family made up half of the attendance number! no joke! As soon as I walked in and saw how small it was I got nervous. I didn't know what I would do if Harper started to cry because the only place to go was to a room behind the auditorium that was only seperated room divider. Well..... Harper got the toots during church!! At first I thought they would be discrete but then we got the smell. She had pooped through her diaper and had it all over her smocked crab dress. So.... my mom and I take her to the room seperated by the divider and changed her, trying so hard to not make noise or to have her cry. It was aweful but oh so funny!






How many people does it take to give Harper a bath??







I took the above pictures at lunch after church. I took the first one and we all thought it was funny that my mom was SO excited to be in the picture with Paul and that my dad was not. He insisted I take another and that's what we got!











Paul heard of this new restaurant called Stinky's so went and tried it one night. It was by far the best meal we had. The chef is from Louisiana so we all had the shrimp and grits and it was so good I can't even describe it to you! They also won best key lime pie from Southern Living magazine so we had some of that too and it also was undescribeable!


2 comments:

Kim said...

The poop story is funny. So is the bath picture. =)
Love the way that food looks!!

Bekki said...

Beautiful family! I love how close y'all all are. :)
Seriously - I always love seeing what both you and Harper are wearing. Y'all are both so adorable.