I had to wait three long days for Paul to get home and tell him the news. I sometimes laughed to myself that weekend thinking that while Paul was off in college town tailgating and enjoying some guy time he had no clue what he was about to find out when he got home.
Feeling so guilty about not having him here I wanted to do something special for him. I didn't just want to tell him. He deserved more than that. I went to the internet to find something creative and came up with nothing and anything that did seem somewhat entertaining required work or supplies and I was too sick for either. It was all I could do to get up and take the dogs out! So I came up with this idea to monogram some bandanas and let the pups help me tell Paul.
I know it's totally cheesy but we love our pups so to us it was special. Solomon's said "Big Brother" and Bella's "Big Sister." When Paul got home he was attacked by our dogs and all he said was- "oh dear what does Mommy have on you now" ( I almost always have something on the dogs, not so much Solomon but usually Bella, sometimes it's just a bow but it's usually something esp if there is a holiday invovled)
I told him to read their bandanas. He didn't get it-ha! He said "Yep Solly's the big brother and Bella, well Bella's the little sister not big??" I said well come look at this and then I showed him the test, all 4 of them. He was so happy and shocked!!!
I spent the next week on the couch, sick. Paul had to go out of town for work and I was so miserable he called his parents to bring me some soup, kleenex, crackers and ginger ale. I was so thankful to have them come to my rescue.
2 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the bandannas! I think that was a very clever way to tell him.
I did NOT know about this! That is the cutest EVER. You wrote this well- I could picture all of it. =)
Post a Comment