Wednesday, December 1, 2010

B-A-B-Y



Well in case you haven't heard. We are expecting a baby in late June. I honestly can't believe it has taken me so long to post about it but with all that has been going on lately I just haven't had time. OH and it could be that I have been sick for um I don't know the past 12 weeks!!


This post is really long and is basically me scrapbooking the moments so it will not hurt my feelings if you don't continue reading.




The week before we found out Paul and I were at target and he asked if I wanted to get a test. I declined and told him I didn't think I was pregnant and didn't want to waste the money. We had been trying for a few months and had taken a test every month and this month I just wasn't up for it. I had actually been to the doctor 2 weeks early discussing any necessary test and options in case we couldn't get pregnant. With my age, RA and a few months of unsuccessful trying we just wanted to cover our basis. Plus we have meet our deductible for the month so if we were going to do any testing I wanted it done by the end of the calendar year so it would be paid for. Yes, my mind works that way!




I know God had to be shaking his head at me!! Here I am trying to take control of the situation instead of just letting his plan be and have faith in him.




In mid October Paul had a guys weekend planned to attend the Arkansas vs. Auburn game in Auburn. That Friday I started to feel like I was getting the flu. 9 times out of 10 I get the flu so this was no shock. I laid around for a few days and finally I decided I needed medicine and some ginger ale so I made myself get up and go to Target. While there I got a test to make sure I wasn't pregnant so I could take lots of meds to knock me out. I came home took the test and it immediately came up positive. Thinking I had a "faulty" test I took the other in the package and it too was positive. Then in my crazy head I felt that the Target brand of test were not reliable so I took my sick self to Walgreens and got a more "reliable" brand. Yep, I'm crazy. They were also positive. After the fourth test I completely freaked out because Paul wasn't home and he didn't get to experience it with me. I felt sooo guilty and was so upset over it. If I had thought for one moment they would be positive I would have waited until he got home. It was just me and the dogs celebrating and my best friend Jodi. (I had to tell someone-ha)

3 comments:

stan, tasha, isabella and gabrielle said...

Yay again! I already commented on your most recent post, but I'm just as excited for you after reading this one. Ha!

Bekki said...

The whole not thinking the generic Target test was accurate would totally be me! That cracked me up. So happy for you!! I hope you start feeling better soon. :)

Kim said...

I enjoyed every word of it. =) I love that you thought the Target brand lied to you. LOL.