We arrived at the hospital at 6 am on Wednesday, June 10. Hatcher was born at 11:23 am. He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. and was 20.5 inches long. I had told my doctor of the difficult delivery we had with Harper and she was prepared for the same situation. We had discussed it possibly being a should displacia but that term was not used in my medical records of Harper's birth and I was never told that by her doctor. So we ruled it out. Once the delivery of Hatcher began his heart stopped. It was dramatic. I was given an oxygen mask and a team of nurses were called in. My nurse was turning me from side to side trying to find his heartbeat. My doctor then warned me there might be a possibility of the cord being wrapped around his neck. All of this was happening in a matter of seconds. Finally he started to breath again and we proceeded. His heart quit two more times but thankfully it came back. My doctor said she knew what happened with Harper because it was happening with Hatcher. Hatcher could not get his shoulder over my pelvic bone (mine is apparently small) and was having a hard time getting out. The vacuum was used and he was born with no injuries or damage. (they used forceps on Harper) He had a cone head for a few days and a bruise on the back of his head but he was a healthy and beautiful baby boy. My labor was only 5 hours. My labor with Harper was 12.

Harper visiting me before the birth. She was very excited.
Paul once again took some amazing pictures of Hatcher immediately following his birth. The first thing he said to me once he saw him was "he is so beautiful" I couldn't wait for them to finish checking him out and bring him to me. I remember just listening to his cry as I did with Harper.
My nurse was wonderful and so was my doctor. Holding Hatcher for the first time was the best!
I wanted Harper to be the first out of family to visit. I wanted a few minutes of alone time with just us. The expressions on her face are priceless. She was so excited to finally see what we had been planning and talking about for almost a year.
I have two babies. Two beautiful and healthy babies. My heart is so full!! and I am so blessed and grateful. It was a long time coming with a few bumps in the road but I am so happy.
1 comments:
Oh, how I love this post!
Post a Comment