While visiting my parents in Alabama, Harper got her first tooth!! It appeared on Friday, October 19, 2011. My mom took Harper in the morning when she woke up so I could sleep in. When I woke up and went in the living room my mom had the biggest smile on her face and screamed "Harper has a tooth!" I thought to myself that she was over exaggerating and she probably just had swollen gums and was slobbering but no physical tooth. I lowered her bottom lip and saw that pearly white! I couldn't believe it.
Mom said she was dying to wake me up to tell me and would walk to my room and stand outside the door wondering if she should wak me but decided to let me sleep. She called my dad at work and told him the "good" news. Looking back she had signs but nothing that stood out. No major meltdowns or crying. She was a little fussy after it broke through and had a slight fever so we got her some medicine. The second tooth came a day or two after.
On Saturday, mom and I had plans to do some shopping and errand running but Harper was a little fussy and needed a nap. I ended up holding her for 3 hours while she napped. She just needed to be held and comforted since she didn't feel good and I had the time so we cancelled all the plans for the day and stayed home. Mom and I got suckered into some reality tv marathons and just enjoyed the moment of nurturing Harper and hanging out with each other and our pups. Sometimes the outside world just needs to stop!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment