Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween 2011

This was one of the best Halloweens! I know each year it will only get better but we had so much fun this year.
Harper's "school" had a Halloween Party and she got to wear her costume. They put out a sign up sheet in the foyer early in October for who could bring what. I was so excited to sign up for ghost cupcakes and pumpkin cookies but as I was about to sign the sheet Harper's teacher said "Oh, Mrs. Erwin the nursery doesn't participate in the Halloween festivites." I was so sad. I know the kids can't participate but I still wanted to bring some cupcakes!
Well, the Thursday before Halloween there was a note in Harper's bag describing the festivities. On Friday, I asked her teacher if they were going to participate and she said yes!! I looked at the sign up sheet and it was almost full. I was not going to be the one mom that didn't bring anything so I called the lady in charge and asked her what she was lacking and what I could do. She put me in charge of a few small items then asked me to get some items for the nursery treat bags.
Since they decided to participate late she didn't have anything for them and needed the items by the end of the day. Now I can do treat bags for older kids with spider rings, pencils, candy, etc. but what do you get for a 4 mo old in just a few hours!! I was able to find some small baby books and some halloween baby socks. I loved every minute of it. I called Paul and told him what I was doing. He said "you feel like a true mom today don't you?"
At the PV school festival. The girl in charge was my age and turns out her husband knows Paul. She said the school wasn't going to do anything and so she took charge to put something small together. For the nursery they took the babies to get their picture made and that afternoon they got a treat bag and a halloween bib from all the teachers.

Harper was an owl and was the cutest owl I've ever seen!!!

She had a pair of pink tights on but on the way to school she had a diaper blowout. (I know it seems she has them alot but she really doesn't, I just always seem to blog about it when she does. )I only put her tights and onesie on her in the car. Thankfully none got on her onesie and thankfully she wasn't wearing her costume!

I love this costume sooo much. I wish it would fit her next year so she could wear it again, oh and actually use the treat bag!! Isn't it funny that the bag is almost her size!




That night we went over to Paul's cousin's house for trick or treating. They live on a street that is know for trick or treaters on Halloween. Everyone goes there and almost everyone participates. Houses are decorated and there is candy galore. Brady was Goldilocks. She carried two stuffed bears and her mom was Papa Bear. So cute!

and this was Harper when we got home!! I told Paul Halloween may now be my new favorite holiday!

1 comments:

Bekki said...

Definitely the cutest owl EVER! :)

(I love the Fairhope AL burlap potato sacks!)