Sunday, February 8, 2009

New Orleans!

This past week Paul traveled to New Orleans for business. One of the advantages to not having a job right now meant I could tag along with him. I love the architect of the buildings and the overall charm of the city. We had a wonderful time and ate lots of Yummy food. I spent most of the days in the hotel reading magazines, watching tv and relaxing while Paul was working. Then we he got off we would tour the city and grab some dinner.

Our first stop was to Mother's restaurant. Man vs. Food (Paul's favorite show) featured New Orleans the week before we left and Mothers was one of the stops. This restaurant reminds me of Pancake Pantry because it had a line outside. It happened to be just a few blocks from our hotel so we had lunch there one day and ordered the famous Fendi Po-Boy. I am a regular Turkey and Wheat girl but for some reason I took the plunge and ordered the special. I wanted to fit in with the regulars and it paid off. The sandwich was so delicious. It was on a Po-Boy and consisted of the following-baked ham, pulled pot roast beef, cabbage, creole, gravy and debris-yummy! And for all of you Sex in the City fans S.J. Parker had an autographed picture on the wall. We even went back the last day and had breakfast which was equally as good.

The weather was a little chilly but that didn't stop us from walking the streets at night and of course having dinner on Bourbon Street. We were only there one night and that was enough for me. That same night on the walk back to the hotel we stopped at the famous Cafe Du Monde located in the French Quarter for some fresh beignets!! Paul didn't care that much for them so I had both mine and his-he he

On one of our walks (I think we walked at least 3 miles everyday) Paul promises we passed Sylvester Stallone, I immediately turned around and could only get a back and side view but from what I could tell it was him. He was smoking a cigar walking and talking with a friend. It makes our mini-vacation sound better if we say we saw him so we will go with that.




3 comments:

McKinney Madness said...

Tiff! It's so good to hear from you! I LOVE your blog, and I'm so glad you guys had such a great time in N.O.! Hope you're enjoying married life as much as I am! Your wedding pic is GORGEOUS!! :)

Bekki said...

This post makes me want to cry. While you were in New Orleans eating wonderful southern/cajun cooking - I was in SLC eating a sorry excuse of some BBQ.
I am glad you had fun, though! I loved it when I visited!

Kim said...

Fun! I've never been to New Orleans but have always wanted to see it.