Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cupid Would Be Proud!!


We celebrated Valentines Day all weekend long and loved every minute of it.
Friday morning I went to McDonalds to pick us up some breakfast, (one of our favorite breakfast treats) to jump start the weekend. That afternoon I went into Paul's office and suprised him with an afternoon snack of heart shaped chocolate chip cookies.
Saturday I woke up early and decorated the kitchen with hearts and made some heartshaped chocolate chip pancakes to suprise Paul when he woke up. (Paul's parents gave us some Williams-Sonoma Choc. Chip Pancake mix and I was dying to try it out) The decorations were totally cheesy but it was all in fun. After breakfast we headed to Hot Springs, a nearby city that is known for 2 things- natural hot water springs and horse racing. After shopping downtown and viewing the natural hot water springs we headed to the horse races and placed a few bets. It was neat to see the real deal even though we had no clue on our bets and basically just picked the horse with the coolest name. That night Paul's brother and his family came over to visit and after that Paul and I went to dinner.
Sunday afternoon we went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic. So Cute! Last sunday we went to see He's Just Not That Into You. Both were great. I told Paul he better stop these Sunday Afternoon movie dates or I am going to start expecting it. All in all we had a wonderful weekend.

On a funny note-
The past two nights we have allowed Solomon (our 100 lb lab) to sleep in our bedroom floor, on his bed, rather than putting him in his room. His room is connected to ours and we place a gate at the door so he cannot enter but can still see us. Bella is put in the bathroom connected to our bedroom with the same thing. After the pups go out in the mornings Solomon goes back to his room and Bella usually runs into our room, jumps on the bed and lays down. This morning, after taking them out, Solomon was running full force pushing ahead of us to enter the bedroom determined to not be sent back to his room. I let him go ahead and all of the sudden I see him run and leap onto the bed. He didn't stop at the bed and think about it he just went for it. I immediately screamed waking up Paul (as if the massive animal on the bed didn't do it already). Solomon immediately jumped off and just looked at me all confused as if he was saying "but you let Bella do it all the time." I have laughed about it all day.

And one last thing!! Congratulations Are In Order
My little brother Michael just found out he was one of the five Marketing students at his college picked for an internship/job that they are funding. Congrats Michael we are so proud of you!!!

For V-day Bella got a pink collar with red hearts on it, a new pink bow and this heart shaped plush toy that she absolutely loves!!

Aren't my decorations gorgeous-he he
These pancakes took me forever bc my cookie cutter was so small.It's things like this that show how amazing God is. You can see the steam off of the hot water from this natural spring.
Paul had to have a picture of the horse track.

4 comments:

Julie and Chris said...

I love the decorations!!! You are too cute!! I am finally getting caught up on my blog!! It feels good to get caught up!! I hope that you are enjoying Arkansas!!!
miss you here at Hobbs!!

Bekki said...

Aw - I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic, too - it was so cute.
I think your decor is darling! And the hot springs are amazing...I can't believe I never visited HS when I lived in AR.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I'm glad you have a blog! :) We really need to get together!!!! I need to cook dinner and have you guys over one night. :)

Kim said...

Well aren't you just cheesy, gooey, and gushy?! =) I'm glad y'all had a good Valentine's. Sounds like it was special! =)
I like the Sun. aftn. movie idea!