Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shrimp Boil, Swimming, and Shower


This past weekend was full of activities. Dad had his annual shrimp boil and swimming. Even Annie participated in the swimming. She would jump in after Michael and Dad once they jumped off the diving board and would swim after them. She absolutely loves the water. She may be a big dog but she is a small dog at heart. Bella went swimming too and loved it. I placed her on the steps to cool off and next thing I know she jumped to me and started swimming. I would have to direct her back to the shallow end because she kept wanting to swim to the deep end. Benae's dog cannot swim and barks at all the dogs that can. He was running around the pool and fell in. Once rescued we had a good laugh because it was funny seeing a pug fall into a pool.
Dad and Annie Swimming

Sunday was my shower at my home congregation. My grandmother was able to come and the day was very special. All of the ladies at church went above and beyond in providing food and decorations. I had a beautiful corsage with pink and yellow flowers and black ribbon to match my wedding colors and some beautiful pink and white roses for a centerpiece. There was so much yummy homemade food and cakes and a gorgeous fruit ring. I have never seen one before but it was so pretty in the punch. Thank you to everyone who pitched in.



Everyone that helped- Thank you!!!


The wonderful gifts!!!

3 comments:

Lauren Benae said...

You look like you are glowing at your shower. that is a cute pic of you and your mom. i hate that i couldn't go! i bet we would have had a lot of fun!!!

Bekki said...

I love your dress! You and your momma look so pretty!!

Kim said...

Yea! More goodies, huh?
Bet y'all had fun- wish I could've been at the pool with you. I'd love to see if Jake would like the water. Annie's so sweet!