Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 4th of July

This year to celebrate the long weekend my parents and I went to Arkansas to visit Paul and his family and spend the holiday at their cabin. We all had a wonderful time!! Paul's parents outdid themselves with food and entertainments. We grilled out hamburgers and steak, had homemade ice cream and Blackberry Cobbler which is Pual's favorite. For fun we went canoeing, fishing, watched movies and the boys wondered the woods looking for deer and elk. It was so relaxing and I believe my family will be coming alot more often for visits.... whatever it takes to get them to come will work for me.







Last week was also my last week of work. A friend of mine at work gave me this cute little cake that resembles Bella. I absolutely loved it. Now that I am free during the day I can devote all of my energy to the wedding which has just about exhausted me and I am still have so much to do. I have been trying to spend a day or two at the pool for a wedding tan but end up running errands in my swimsuit and cover up. I keep telling myself if I put it on it will motivate me to get out there and relax but so far it has yet to happen.

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a fun place for the 4th- all that outdoorsy stuff.
I can't believe YOU don't have time for the pool. =)

Bekki said...

Looks like a fun 4th - I miss that beautiful green state! So are you planning on moving to AR? Where?