Tuesday, May 27, 2008

WE ARE ENGAGED!!!!

Hats off to all the blog readers!!! I was a few days late in posting and I received a lot of messages wanting to know when the next update would be, thank you for reading!!!!

Thursday night Paul and I went to my parents house to stay the night before heading out to Destin, FL for the long weekend. Paul had just flown back from Louisiana so we didn't arrive until late that evening. I was exhausted as usual and after talking to my dad for a few minutes I went to bed. Paul stayed up to catch up on some work stuff- so I believed. After I went to bed Paul asked my Dad for permission and that is all I really know about their conversation, I think it is top secret stuff. Paul later told me he had called my dad about a week before but they kept missing each other, once they connected my dad said it could be done over the phone but Paul wasn't letting him off that easy, he said he wanted to do it in person. I am sure my dad knew it was coming and this gave him time to prepare all the things he wanted to say-bet now Paul wishes he had done it over the phone-ha
We had planned to leave around 6:30 am on Friday for the beach, I decided to wake up at 5:00 to help pack, shower, and give Bella a bath. Groggy and half asleep I stumbled into the "jack and jill" bathroom that is connected to my room and the room Paul was staying in when I stepped on something. I flipped on the light and wiped my eyes until I could see what it was. In the floor was a black posterboard with writing and a string that connected to another board... to another... to another- they were all over the bathroom and led into Pauls room. I went into Paul's room and woke up Paul. He was sound asleep when I said his name he then realized what was going on and jumped to his feet, he pointed to the last board that said " Will you marry me" ? and pulled out a box with a ring while saying "I didn't expect it to be this early", then he verbally asked me and I of course said yes.

I sat there for what seemed an eternity but in reality was only about 30 seconds looking at the ring and soaking in the moment. I wanted to make sure I remembered every moment. I then looked at Paul and said I have to go tell my mom. Now remember this is at 5 am. My mom had just got out of bed and I told her I wanted to show her something. I asked if she was decent and led her into my room. Once she entered she started saying things about how this was supposed to be Paul's room to sleep in and for me to look at the sheets she put on for him....I was like stop talking about sheets and go into the bathroom. She entered puzzled and started slowly reading them all, I finally said just go to the last one and showed her my hand. She was so excited and happy and later went back to read all of the signs I wouldn't let her finish earlier. I went and show my dad who was still in bed and all he had to say was " I knew before you or mom did- ha ha"
Paul usually sleeps in one of the basement rooms so he had brought enough rope to lead from the upstairs to the basement, When he found out he was sleeping upstairs he had to rethink his game plan and managed to fit all the signs in the bathroom without waking me up. They were in the floor, on the countertop, on the trash can and yes one was on the toilet. Each one was so sweet and meaningful, he definately put a lot of thought into it.

The entire car ride to Florida was for making phone calls and sending out mass text messages to all of our friends.

Here are some pictures of the proposal and of Florida (if you click on the picture it should enlarge)-- Thank you to everyone who has expressed their joy and congratulations to us thus far, we really appreciate it. Dates and details will follow soon.




Check out dates 16 and 23

This was a vase Paul gave me
for Valentines Day filled with reasons
why he loved me this is another one to add





Dad, Paul, Michael and Me
We played in the waves for hours
Benae must be caught under one during this photo
Dad is laughing b/c I just came up from being tossed
around like a rag doll

7 comments:

Kim said...

I have chillbumps. This is the best blog EVER. I'm so happy for you. =) I can just see your Mom talking about those sheets. =) Ha! And your dad's comment- so typical. =) And did you bring Bella to the restaurant??? I'm so glad you had Destin to follow up your engagement so you could float around for a few days. Love you!

cps sas said...

Congratulations again to both of you! The pictures are wonderful. You all seem to be having a great time.
We'll see you soon.
Nanny and Pappy

abc said...

Hey! This is Paul's cousin Ashley. Congratulations! I am so happy for both of you. And so proud of Paul's creativity- tell him I give him a thumbs up. I hear the best things about you and can't wait to meet you. Welcome to the Erwin family (you still have time to get out- just kidding!)

Julie and Chris said...

CONGRATS TIffany!! I am so happy for you!! I can't wait to see this ring and he did a great job on the proposal!! Call me and we NEED to do dinner!! I also have a blog.....so keep in touch!
Julie

Zach and Kim said...

How sweet! I love the story and the bling! Who knew you had a blog? Cannot wait to hear about the wedding details... Congrats to both of you! Enjoy your engagement bc you will blink and the next thing you know is you will be preggers.

JodiMit said...

I am so excited for you guys!

Laura said...

Tiffany! It's Laura (Richards) Hamburg. I found your blog through Kim's page. Congrats on the engagement! Good luck with all the planning - you're going to be a beautiful bride!