Sunday, May 11, 2008

STEEPLECHASE 2008



This weekend was the annual Steeplechase which is Nashville's version of the Kentucky Derby. Girls plan weeks, even months in advance for the perfect dress and even more for the perfect hat. Guys plan on who is bringing the tent, who has the chairs, who has the largest vehicle to fit everything in and who has all the food (which ends up on the Girls).

We all met at 8:15 in the morning packed one car full of tents, chairs, and food and once everyone arrived we piled into another car and headed to the race track. We had two parking spaces in the infield. We used one for the car full of goodies and one space to put up the tents. We had so much food we had to pack up leftovers. All the girls made lots of yummy snacks. The weather started out windy and chilly but by mid afternoon we were burning up and everyone was starting to show signs of sunburn. The event lasted all day. We didn't leave until 6:30. This day is so much fun because almost everyone in Nashville goes and you get to see all of the people you haven't seen in a while all in one place. You pitch a tent and walk around saying your hello's and catching up.... oh yeah and watch the horse races.



This pictures was so hard to take because we keep hitting each other with our hats! This picture was also taken in the morning so most everyone has a jacket on.




This was as close as we could get to a group guys photo, they are not as easy to get together.

Sunday, Paul and I went to brunch at my new favorite local bakery then to Lowes to get new carpet for my bedroom. I have only had this carpet for 2 years but it is so dirty and HAD to be replaced. That night Paul declared it date night and we did dinner and a movie. Paul had everyone telling him how good IRONMAN was so he had to check it out. It was really good and I suggest you go see it. Afterwards, we had burgers.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!!!! See you Saturday!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

When I first saw that picture, I thought, "Oh my stars, what is on her head?" But then I read on- great hat choice, cute with your dress!!! =)

Kim said...

Which song was it that was playing? The one you commented on my page about?
And... you need to see the picture I put on the dog blog. It's funny. =) I put a link on my page for you.