What started out as a pleasant and wonderful afternoon turned into one of the worst. I cannot even begin to describe it. It was simply awful. I know it could have been much much worse and for that I am thankful but it is still something I hope we never experience again.
I was wearing my new Kate Spade coat… literally took the tags of that morning and it was covered it blood. The first thing Paul said to me when he realized what was going on was "Tiffany, your coat!!" Thankfully it came out.
To witness your child in that much pain is horrible. As Paul carried her to the car she said "mommy help, please help me, it hurts so bad." Just typing that gives me chills. I reassured her we were going to get help. She immediately feel asleep in car. We called our dentist and set up an emergency visit. We took her in and he did X-rays to make sure the tooth or any others were not lodged up in her gums. She was SO good during the examination…. I mean so good!!! She knocked out her front left tooth and chipped two others. It was possible the other front tooth would die and have to be pulled but so far it seems to be fine. She also pushed back the gum in between two of her teeth on the right side. She kept telling me she felt something behind her tooth that felt like chewing gum. The dentist said this is rare to happen and he had not seen it before. She also lacerated her labial frenum (the piece of skin that attaches your upper lip to your gum. I did not know before but I do now. Your mouth produces a lot of blood!
Her lip kept growing and growing. It was so swollen it almost touched her nose.
Our neighbors, Ashley and Angela brought over a princess game for Harper. Such a sweet gesture.
We did a lot of resting and momma needed to cuddle with her baby.
at the dentist ready for X-rays!







1 comments:
That is horrifying and left me a little sick to my stomach. I'm glad it's a month later and all is well. And she looks super-cute without her tooth! =)
Post a Comment