Friday, January 23, 2015

Grandma

As you can probably tell I am trying my best to update my blog. I am getting close to having it completed. In doing so I came across these pictures and it makes writing this post SO very hard. My Grandmother was diagnosed with Colon Cancer late in the summer. She passed away on November 4. On August 15, 2014 we met her along with my cousin Amanda and Avalynn for a few pictures. Grandma wanted some before her hair fell out. The dress Harper is wearing is one that my Grandmother made for me when I was Harper's age. I adore the dress. It is SO beautiful. It has blue in it so I hope to have some sister/brother pictures made of Harper in it when the new baby arrives.  At this time I was not pregnant. When I found out I kept it a secret for a while because of the miscarriage. One day my Grandmother had a very rough day. My aunts were sending text and emails asking for anything to cheer her up. My mom suggested I tell her and we did. We had made a video announcing our pregnancy and I sent it to her. My aunt Amy was staying with her and she said it made her so happy and that she cried tears of Joy.










My grandmothers illness was quick. My mother and Aunts took turns staying and caring for her. Before  her passing she was in the hospital. Paul and I took dinner for the entire family a few nights. My grandmother made it a point to speak to each of us individually. It was hard for her to speak to Harper. I could tell she was thinking of all the things she would miss with her. She also expressed how she wished she could be here for the birth of baby. I told her it was her and Grandpa's job to be their guardian angels. I believe in angels and it is very comforting to know that someone is watching out for them. She would have been so excited to have boy great grandchild after have 3 great grand girls.

0 comments: