Saturday, January 17, 2015

Happy Halloween! Big Announcement!


We are having a baby and are SO excited!
We had a miscarriage in June. The day before Harper's 3rd Birthday Party. I was 6 weeks along. It was a complete shock and a very unfamiliar experience for me. My best friend had a miscarriage a few years ago but other than that I didn't know much about them. After having mine many people I know spoke up about having one too and I realized it is much more common than you think. Mine was actually a tubal pregnancy. We didn't find that out until about 3 weeks in and then panic set in and we were sent to the ER. I am so grateful to God for watching over me and my family during that time. So many things could have happened but looking back God was watching over us as always.

So we are very blessed to have this baby! We had been trying for over a year and with my RA and the miscarriage I was tired of trying and ready to get back on my RA medicine. My doctor had told me to keep trying after the miscarriage because most women are more fertile then. I took a test and read the negative results. I wasn't shocked or sad. Later that night Paul was in the bathroom and asked if I took a test and he said he thought it looked positive. So I took another. The lines were very faint and I assumed I had let it sit too long and received false positives. The lines were not as clear as they were with Harper and they did not show up right away. The next morning I took 3 more. Same thing. I called my doctor and they saw me right away because of the miscarriage. The test at the doctors office was negative but they did blood work to confirm. The next day I received a call saying I WAS in fact pregnant. What!?! Talk about a roller coaster. The doctor thinks I had too much water to drink and that diluted my sample on the test. Since then I have had lots of blood work and ultrasounds and the baby looks healthy. My due date is June 11. Just a few days before Harper's birthday!!

0 comments: