Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Weekend

A few weekends ago I went to St. Louis for our annual Girls Weekend. Every year we go to a different friends house and this year it was at Jodi's. This trip was planned months in advance. Little did I know Paul's president club trip and closing on our house were within the same month! I was stressed out because the movers were coming 3 days after my return! As if that wasn't enough, Harper got sick the days before I was leaving.  The first day I was there "school" called saying Harper wasn't happy and they thought she would be happier with me or Paul. I felt horrible  knowing my baby girl needed me and I was in another state!! Paul went and got her and took excellent care of her. Truth be told she probably had more fun with him!

 I was able to finally relax and enjoy my time with my girls. Can you believe I did not take one picture! Not one!! I think Jodi got one of the group the day we were leaving but other than that we just enjoyed each other's company and being lazy. We all tried to sleep in but sleeping in is now 8:00-ha!  We did some shopping and Sunday for church we all got together for communion and took the special time to ask for prayers for things we personally needed. It is so wonderful to have a small group of friends you are comfortable asking for such things. It is raw and honest and alot of kleenex were used! In the end we all had each other to lean on.
"A friend loveth at all times- Proverbs 17:17

 I was a little nervous about Paul keeping Harper for 4 days all by himself but he did great. When I got back he said he was tired! He also said he loved it!! He really did enjoy his one on one time with her and I think they both really needed it and were able to bond. Paul picked me up at the airport. I assumed I would just get my bag and meet him the parking lot but he was waiting at baggage claim with Harper and I bust into tears. Such a sweet surprise. I missed them both.

Here are the pictures Paul sent me and his words with them:
"is this our bow? I did not put a bow in her hair for school today. I guess they knew you would want a bow so she came home with this one. Is it ours?"

 "so fresh and so clean"
 this one is from "school"- "see mommy I'm okay"- (Honestly, I think she looks mad at me)
 "Good morning mommy! We made it through night one-yeah"
 "Her new favorite spot, she won't quit crawling over there"
 "outdoor time"

I made sure everything was organized and labeled with instructions. When Paul is out of town on business I am lucky if I get a granola bar for dinner so I tried to make it easier on him. Half of the above is for Harper half are for Paul.
My favorite text from him was "dinner just lasted 45 minutes!" My response "welcome to my world, clean up is another 20!"

1 comments:

Bekki said...

Sometimes the best/most relaxing vacations are the ones where you forget to take pictures!