Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Round-up










Don't you love how Harpers hair has grown over her ears. Paul calls it old man hair! Today I was suppose to help teach sunday school class for the 12-18 month olds. You read that right! 12-18 month olds. The girl in charge called and asked if I could help because one of the teachers was out. Class is at 9:30 and then we go to worship at 10:45. We haven't been going to class since Harper was born because around 9 or 9:30 is Harpers morning nap. Once she wakes up we rush out the door to worship. She is at the stage right now where her schedule is really important and we are trying our best to stick to it. So far we are doing pretty good and it makes for a peaceful home and happy baby. Well I decided it was time to try to work in class and this gave me the perfect chance. I woke up early, got Harper ready and we headed out the door. Her class would be right across the hall from where I would be assisting in case they needed me I would be near by. Well we got to church and the power was out!! Class was cancelled so I took Harper home since I didn't know if the power would come back on for the later service. Just my luck, right?




Since we missed this morning, Paul and I went tonight. Again, we haven't been on Sunday night because service is from 5:30-6:30. Harper eats at 6:00 and is down by 7:30 and it has been so cold that I hate getting her out. We decided to stop making excuses (even though they are justified) and just deal with it. Harper was a little fussy and would not stay still during church but overall I think it's manageable. She went to sleep later than normal but hopefully it won't effect her too much.






I gave Harper an "emergency" bottle on the way hoping it would help and when we sat down at church Paul says "oh my goodness!" I immediately thought Harper must have spit up or had a dirty diaper but then Paul says "this bow is WAY to big! Hilarious! Three ladies commented on how cute it was and one asked where to buy one so I think I am justified! When we left church it was SO dark and raining. Thunderstorms and tornadoes are coming through tonight so we are home with the tv on watching the news. That's about it for our weekend. We had Paul's family over on Friday night to celebrate his mom's birthday other than that it has been very low key and relaxing.

1 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad y'all tried class and went at night. =) She'll love it. My babies are so happy in class. =)
Love the bow comment!