Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The meltdown


I have been using my boppy pillow for back support and this morning while getting ready for work I found Bella comfy as can be on it. It is just her size. I immediately took it away from her (well after I took a picture) so she wouldn't think it was hers when the baby comes.
I went to the doctor last week because I have been having the worst upper back pain and pain in my front right ribs. I cannot sit for more than 45 minutes, I couldn't sleep, and was started to experience shortness of breath. I went to the doctor and after feeling around he could tell that I was carrying Harper more on my right side and that my rib had been moved out of it's normal place causing the pain. I am glad it was nothing serious but the bad news is there is nothing we can do about it and it will probably get worse as I get bigger.
Paul went with me to the doctor. He insisted he go because he was afraid I wouldn't tell the doctor how bad it was- reason being- the night before I had a meltdown. I was a bit emotional from just being pregnant, a week of not sleeping, all the uncomfortable pain, and I was homesick. The next morning Paul got up early and got us breakfast to "make me feel better." It was a work day, so for him to get out early was very thoughful. He also ordered my meal exactly the way I like it -which shocked me because it embarresses him when I ask them to change pretty much everything about what I get. He later told me that my "meltdown" freaked him out-ha! I told him that I was 6 months pregnant and that was the only "meltdown" I've had thus far so I think I'm doing pretty good.

2 comments:

Bekki said...

WOW. The rib issue sounds AWFUL. I will keep you (and Paul ;) and Harper) in my prayers! I hope she shifts soon and maybe it will relieve the stress on your rib.

Kim said...

Bless your heart. =( I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Can't you just jiggle her to the left? =) I know you must be so tired. I am so glad you have Paul. It's okay to have meltdowns. Call me or Smode if you ever need a girl to cry to. =)