Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Half Way There!


This week is week 20! Half way there!!! She is the length of a banana from head to toe.
Here are a few highlights:

I am feeling Harper more and more. Paul still hasn't been able to feel her yet but almost everynight before we go to bed we try to see if she will make an appearance-so far nothing. I don't think her kicks and thumps are strong enough to feel on the outside just yet. If I feel her moving I will go get him but it never seems to work.


I went to the doctor today and have gained about 10 pounds. Doctor says I will gain most of my weight in the next few weeks which probably explains my increase in appetite. I was also able to hear the heartbeat and hear her moving about. The doctor said everytime she moved her heart rate went up. Everytime we do an ultrasound or hear the heartbeat they always comment on how active she is. I really hope she calms herself down before she enters this world!


Last weekend Paul moved out of his "office" to make room for the nursery. He is now in the guest room. He is such a good sport about things. I have tried to make him as comfy in there as possible but with his work stuff, my work stuff, and a guest bed it is a tight space! We both like having home offices so I guess it is part of the compromise.


Lately, I feel like my insides are moving and adusting, I feel like my ribs are practically in my chest -guess they need to move over to make room for a growing baby.


I have been waking up at 3 or 5 everyday-wide awake. I guess my body is prepping itself for lack of sleep to come but I am tired of waking up so early-literally tired.


Still no specific cravings but my appetite is back and somedays I feel like an endless pit and I am no longer taking my nausea medicine.


The last week or so I have started to really enjoy being pregnant. I never thought that day would come and even though I still have moments of discomfort (such as today) I really am trying to enjoy it everyday.

Bending over or putting on shoes has become somewhat of a challenge.


Also, this week I started calling daycares. Most have a year waiting list so I am already a bit behind. I honestly have no clue if I am going to keep working or not but I love my job and would love to keep it. I worked from home today and about lost my mind so I figure it is best to go ahead and get on the waiting list just in case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look adorable!

Kim said...

Aw, I enjoyed that. I'm glad everything is going well. =)
And, hey, I see my Mom's got the comment thing down. =) Now instead of telling me how cute you are and how she loves Bella, she can tell YOU! =)

Bekki said...

Wow...I am beginning to wonder how I have missed all these post updates?!
I think I would be super sad not having any cravings. For some reason that seems like one of the things I would like most out of pregnancy. Ha.