This past week I had training in Florida for a new drug I will be carrying. The weather was beautiful and warm but I was only able to enjoy it on my lunch break. The rest of the day was spent in cold conference rooms.
On our last day we had to have our luggage out by 8 am and as soon as our day ended we were all shuttled to the airport. It was all so rushed we had no time to change clothes and my only carry on was full of work papers. We knew the weather was bad because our co-workers and boss who reside in Oklahoma City were getting reports of snow and as the day progressed their flights were being cancelled. Us Little Rock girls thought we were in the clear until we landed in Dallas and were told no more flights were going out that night. We did not have anything! No makeup, toothbrush, or change of clothes. We had to buy t-shirts at the airport gift shop just to sleep in. I was NOT happy.
We made the best of it and stayed in the Gaylord Texan which is a 5 star hotel very similar to Opryland hotel but we were so tired we couldn't enjoy it. Our next flight out was 7:00 am. We got up around 5:30 and checked the flight status online and were good to go..... so we thought..... while taking off my heels at the security check point I got the dreaded phone call saying our flight was cancelled. Ugghhh.
We got on standby for the 9:40 flight and were told there was a 10:40 and 12:40 flight as well so our chances were good. I was #5 on standby and my good friend/c0-worker was #6. I made it she didn't. I wasn't going to leave her but she insisted because she knew she could get on the 10:40. It was horrible leaving her.
She text me once I landed and said she was #1 on standby for the 10:40 and that she was on the plane, 10 minutes later I got another text saying they made everyone get off the plane and no more flights would be going out that day! I felt so bad for her and the fact that she had to stay another night. As soon I saw Paul I bust into tears and all I could say was that my friend didn 't make it out- it was such a miserable experience.
Happy May!
11 years ago




My sad face at the ticket counter trying everything I could to get home
1 comments:
My mouth hung open for most of that! I can't believe you were stuck with nothing! Bless your heart. I'm glad teh rest of it was fun. =)
Post a Comment