Tuesday, January 12, 2010

look who came to visit

This weekend one of my best friends came to visit. We had a few "snow" days so I was nervous they wouldn't be able to make the trip but they live in St. Louis and can handle a few snow flurries-ha!


They arrived on Friday night and we all went to dinner at a local mexican restaurant. On Saturday we had breakfast at Ozark Cafe for some yummy chocolate chip pancakes then went shopping. Jodi is in the process of decorating Maddies (her daughter) Big Girl room so we went shopping for the final touches. The boys went with us and were such good sports. They just tagged along and drove us around.


I love that Jodi lets me participate in decorating her daughters room it is so much fun and very special. She let me assist in her nursery when she was pregnant and we spent an entire day picking out the right paint colors and accessories-such a fun memory.


We hit up a few boutiques then headed to TJMaxx for some sheets. Jodi picked some really cute ones with lime green and purple polka dots. Her mom is making a quilt so she wanted to find a sham to complete the bed. Low and behold we found the prettiest sham on clearance with beautiful scallop edges that I had to get her for her birthday. We then walked down a few isles when out of the blue I see a coat rack that says "Madeline" - in what else but purple and green colors to match the sheets. There were no other ones with it. It was just there all by itself. I got so excited. Don't you just love it when things like that happen. It was so meant to be.


lunch at purple cow

the coat rack-isn't it just adorable

the sheets and sham- (I monogrammed them before she left)

she found the cutest little backpack for Maddie at one of the boutiques-I just love the turtle

1 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, how fun! I'm glad she was able to come down, and y'all found just the right stuff. =)