I took her to target and let her pick out some big girl panties. I laid them all out on the floor for her to pick from. She picked spiderman off the rack and added them to the pile. Do you see her hand on them. That was her pick. We did not buy spiderman! We ended up with Minnie Mouse.
From there we went to the dollar tree and picked out toys. I let her pick out all sorts of fun things including a bag of candy. She picked out smarties. When we got home she wanted the balloon. I told her she had to sit on the potty before she could play with any of the toys in the basket. She did and went and we cheered. Making a HUGE deal over it. She was so proud. From then on she has been going. Next time, I will probably not do the toys. She preferred the candy. I am glad she chose smarties because I would only give her a few out of the roll and she didn't know the difference. Most of the toys were never chosen as a reward. She always picked candy. The stickers were a close second place.
Yes, I pulled over on the way to school one day to take this picture to tell everyone she was potty trained. Poor child!



1 comments:
Way to go, Harper!! (and momma!)
Post a Comment