Harper started "school" this past week. By "school" I mean daycare. Paul and I say "school" because it makes us feel better-ha! After 3 months of maternity leave I headed back to work. I Love my job and with it's flexible day schedule I decided to give it a try while being a mom. Plus, Paul's company pays a good portion of "school" that was to good to pass up.
It has been really hard adjusting to the new schedule and I feel like it takes me forever to get out the door but I am trying really hard to make it work. Harper is attending "school" at our church and I LOVE IT!! She is in a room with 8 other babies and 3 wonderful ladies. Most days there are only 3 or 4 babies which makes me feel better. Every morning when I leave I have about 5 bags and my work computer. The first few days I left my computer at home and had to go back to get it!!-ha! Harper seems to enjoy "school" too. She is such a social baby I think it is good for her. Some days when we would stay at home all day she would be fussy. Now when we get home she is happy and at night is really tired.
We took her only for a few hours the first few days. On the first day Paul told Harper she was going to school and that there would be boys there. ha! Also on the first day, Harper pooped on her teacher! I think dropping her off that first day was harder for him than me. I knew what to expect and was prepared but I don't think Paul had thought much about it until we actually had to do it. I have made a vow to myself that she will never stay a full day (8-5). If my job ever becomes too much and requires me to be away that long it's not worth it to me. My friend Bekki gave us these labels and I love them. On our first day I notice alot of the kids had them and I felt "in the know" having them even though I had never heard of them before. But I can still play the "New Mom" card because there is ALOT I still don't know about. These are from Inchbug.
Happy May!
11 years ago
2 comments:
Oh YAY! SO glad that you can even use them on bottles!
Her outfit is ADORABLE and I am so glad that y'all love her school.
Very cute that y'all call it school. =) I'm glad she's able to make new baby friends.
Post a Comment