Saturday, September 10, 2011

e-mealz

My best friend Jodi introduced me to e-mealz www.e-mealz.com It is endorsed by Dave Ramsey and is a meal planning menu to help with your budget. Although I was excited about possible saving some money I was more excited to have someone plan my nightly dinners and give me a shopping list!! We have been doing it for over a month now and love it!! My grocery bill has drastically dropped and we have loved all the meals we have made. We had been in a rut lately with eating the same thing over and over so it was nice to have new things to try.

The cost is $5 a month and every week they give you a menu AND provide a shopping list that is divided into categories (ex. produce, meat, etc) I can now get in and out of the grocery store much quicker and know I haven't forgot something. If you were to look in my cabinets and fridge right now you would think they are bare but that is just because I don't have a lot of random stuff in there that I bought thinking I "may" make this sometime. We buy what is told and use it that week.

You can choose different plans. We chose family of two, low-fat. They also have options for certain grocery stores and will cater the menu to items on sale at that store that week. I will say you have to be open minded about trying new things and there have been a few that I opted out of making but overall it's been great!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! I'm excited to look. Thanks for sharing. Make sure you thank Jodi for NOT sharing with everyone. =)

Bekki said...

Hmm...I'm going to have to look into that. I should be shot due to how much I spend on food! This might be good for us!

CandidCollections said...

This sounds like such a great idea! :)

Amanda P. said...

I'm glad to hear you liked the site. I've seen it a couple of times but wasn't sure if the meals would be good. Thanks for the recommendation.