Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yard Work

The past two weekends we have been outside doing some much needed yardwork. Last weekend Paul was hunting so I cleaned the fence, planted some flowers and raked a few leaves. This weekend it was Pauls turn and he and his dad tackled some overgrown bushes. We also had some lighting installed outside which I LOVE!!!

Today (Sunday) we went to church, had lunch, then came straight home and took a nap. Paul has horrible allergies and all that work in the yard and pollen got to him fast. We still have a few more things to do but I love the progress we have already made. It has been hard exhausting work but worth it.

The massive overgrown bushes out front and Mr. Erwin he came over to help Paul because I sure wasn't going to do it :)

All Gone!!!
The massive pile of debris, we can barely see out our driveway- thank goodness we have a service that will come and pick these up!
This was found in one of the bushes. Paul has put it in another tree nearby but we see the mother hopping around where the bushes used to be and it just breaks my heart. I don't know how to show her where babies are.

Paul dug up this old lamp post out front that didn't work. We had an electrician come look at it beacause I wanted to keep it but there was no hope for it.

Isn't this just picture perfect. Bella looks so small and she matches the house!
Our house looked so dark at night so we had some spot lights put throughout the front
I hung like a million flower boxes and filled them with flowers. This is one on our shed out back. We later took off the awening in the far right and it looks soooo much better. I'm in the process of cleaning and repainting the window frame but have accidently broken 4 window panes-whoops. I told Paul they were already like that but later had to confess!

More flower baskets out back. One is in front of my kitchen window and I love that I can raise the window and see flowers while at my sink and feel the cool breeze.
The clean fence and raked leaves. I raked the leaves but left them for Paul to bag-he was not happy.
More flower baskets- I told you I did like a million!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Y'all certainly DID work outside! =) Looks good.

Danielle said...

Your house is beautiful!!