Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yummy Beignets!

Paul got back from his business trip to New Orleans around 8:30 tonight and with him came a little surprise for me. He gave me this tiny white bag and said "I had to make a special trip for these." When I finally noticed what they were I was so happy. I had a rough/horrible week and this turned my frown upside down. I didn't get a picture of the actual beignets because I wasted no time eating them.

He traveled with his boss this week so I know it had to be hard for him to make the trip to the resturant to get these and then he had to carry them on two different flights. It was such a thoughtful gesture. It was a little over a year ago that he went on this same trip and since I wasn't working at the time I was able to go with him. We had so much fun!! Come to think of it the year before that he brought me back two shirts and a scarf from Urban Outfitters. Maybe I will get gifts every year :)
I too had a little gift for him- the Reeses peanut butter eggs!

He loves them and while at the grocery store yesterday I picked up a bag just for him and put them in the candy jar. I think it is funny that we get each other food, oh well to each his own.

1 comments:

Kim said...

I can't believe you didn't take a picture of them for me!
Remember those cupcakes in NYC... Mmmmm! =)