Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Week of Ups and Downs

Our week started off in the downs. Paul was still stick the first few days of the week and on Wednesday I got a migraine that left me sick for 2 days. It was by far one of the worst I had ever had. I couldn't even keep water down.

Later in the week we got a call informing Paul he had officially made President's Club with his company. He had anticipated this but now it is official. His company usually takes those that make the club (and their spouses) on a trip. This year it was supposed to be Hong Kong but with the ecomony the way it is they are just giving a bonus. We are so proud of him!! He has worked VERY hard this year.

I also got great news- On Friday afternoon I received a phone call offering me a job in Pharmaceuticals. A career I had been wanting to get into. We were both very happy and feel truly blessed because we know how bad things are for everyone right now and we are very thankful. It is such a relief to no longer have to look for a job. Paul wanted to take me out to dinner to celebrate but I wanted a breakfast celebration instead so on Saturday morning we went to Ozark Cafe and I had my usual chocolate chip pancake and french toast with a side of bacon (healthy right??) and that night we went out to dinner out for him. All in all the week ended well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job...that's awesome!

The Claunch Family said...

Congratulations! That is so great!

Kim said...

I am so excited for your job op!!! Yea! That is something I expect a call about, young lady!
And I'm so sorry to hear about your migraine. =(
Good for Paul. Awesome.
I don't know what I asked about. You said the answer was no. Hmmm... =) And I'm not crying; I just said IF I were to cry. =) All's good. Love you!

Bekki said...

Congrats to the both of you!