Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in the Caribbean


This year Paul and I spent Christmas with my family on a Cruise to the Caribbean. We had a wonderful time and the warm weather was much needed. We left out of Miami and visited Key West and Cozumel Mexico. I think I gained about 15 pounds from all the food and Paul could not get enough of the 24 hour soft serve ice cream. Here are some pics of our fun trip. (I am playing catch up on the blogging and added 3 new posts so be sure to read them all)
Day 1 after 2 days and 18 hours of driving! and below us in our safety training, everyone looked so funny in their lifejackets.


The little critters left on our bed every night
Yummy desserts!
In Key West we went to the Southernmost Point of the Continential U.S. only 90 miles from Cuba. It used to say it on this monument marker but it appears that someone scratched it off.


Us in Mexico with our ship in the background.
My brothers with their Cuban Cigars.


Paul played Power Bingo and lost but he did win this fancy camera for having the winning the free space number. I have a picture of him accepting his award on stage but it didn't turn out that well.



Our last night our waitstaff put on a dance show. Dad joined in and is learning how to do the YMCA.



Peggy and Grandma cannot say they didn't have any fun because I have proof that they did for at least a few seconds.

3 comments:

Zach and Kim said...

What a fun trip! and good idea I will have to mention this to my family...Love the new sweater tradition

Kim said...

Ugh. I'm so jealous!!! =) Looked like y'all had a great first Christmas!

Bekki said...

Jealous! We have been trying to convince R's parents to do a holiday cruise but they refuse. Something about tradition??