Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Holidays!!!

I know I am a little late on getting out the Christmas Decorations but Paul was out of town last week and I didn't want to do too much without him. The Holiday House was a few weeks ago and I got lots of ideas and the trends for this year. We had debated not doing a tree this year since we are waiting for the After Christmas sales to purchase an artificial one but since this is our first Christmas married We Must Have A Tree!!!! Pauls parents had an extra one they weren't using this year so we borrowed it from them until we purchase our own. While Paul was away I pulled out my very limited supply of Christmas Decorations and put them around the house. I had plenty of decorations for my one bedroom condo but they don't go so far in a house. We went shopping one night specifically for decorations and ornaments and Paul picked out one thing- a santa coffee mug (picture posted below) Anyway, I did the best I could with what I had, made a few wreaths, put out a few plates and napkins and once Paul got home we finished the rest. Two of our favorite ornaments so far is the one we purchased together at the Biltmore the day before we got married and the one his parents gave us just a few days ago that is from the Biltmore but is a limited edition and has the year on it. Love them!!
I am also obsessed with my initial polka dot letters and my red and lime green sequined trees.
Mom, here are some pics for you since you won't get to see our decorations in person this year.










These were supposed to go on top of the tree but Paul said it looked like antenna's and freaked him out so we had to move them.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks SO good!!

Bekki said...

Ohhh! I love Christmas decor. I am in the Christmas spirit more this year since we now have a house. Love it!
Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

It looks really good! I love the HO HO stuff. Cute!