Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tucson, Arizona

This past week we traveled to Tucson, Arizona for the President's Circle trip that Paul was invited to for his performance last year. We had such a great time. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton and were very well taken care of. Paul has made me very proud many times since I have known him and last week was no different. I was SO proud of him and all that he has accomplished.
Arizona is hot and dry but while we were there it was cold and rainy!! We could not even get in the pool because it was so cold. Thankfully, the hotel was amazing and we had several activities to take up our time.

Paul's parents took care of Harper for us. I knew she was well taken care of. I missed her like crazy though. Luckily, There were two other "new" moms there and we all bonded. We talked about our babies non-stop!!! Their babies were 10 months and 5 months so we really had alot in common. I could not have made it without them or the pictures Paul's parents sent us while we were there.

The above photo was taken at breakfast outside on the patio. One of my favorite parts of the day. The view was spectacular.
This was taken before dinner with his company. This trip included his company and the parent company so we had alot of dinners to attend. This was the very first night. It was a bit chilly out. Luckily, Paul had checked the weather before we left and had me re-pack!!- ha!This was taken when we first arrived. We meet up with a few of his friends/c0-workers for lunch.

Spa Day!! Unfortunately, due to the bad weather the spa stayed booked. Paul had made us an appointment when we first arrived so did manage to get a couples massage spent the rest of the day in the spa facilities.

The spa had it's own pool.
This picture is horrible but it was all I could get so quickly. This is Paul getting recognized by the CEO for his performance. We were asked that evening to sit at the table of the CEO, the President and their wives. Also at the table was another top performer and his wife. It was a bit intimidating at first but the wife of the other top performer and I sat next to each other and had alot of the same interest. Such as... neither of us prefer fish or red meat and guess what our dinner was!!! both!!! We both just picked at our plates and devoured the chocolate cake and rolls-ha!! Actually, I ate the fish it was very mild and not too bad. how precious are these cactus gelato filled cookies!
This is when we all started to freak out a bit. Yes, that is hail!! The boys were actually playing golf during this storm and they have some funny stories to tell. Our hotelI would have never picked this location to travel to. I am more of a beach girl but I am so glad we were able to go. It was beautiful and it was fun to travel to a place I had never experienced before.
One night we had smores by the fire. The smores included homemade graham crackers, homemade chocolate and homemade marshmellows. It was absolutely delicious!!! What a fun activity to do while vacationing in the desert.
I wanted more than anything to be able to lie in these chairs that were in the pool.
This is not something I like read.......

2 comments:

Bekki said...

Ryan is from Phoenix so Arizona has a special place in our hearts! I LOVE seeing the saguaro cacti in the background!! I'm so glad you got to visit AZ and the vastly different scenery than the south!
I am seriously wanting to go get in that pool, too! And eat one of those cactus cookies! ;)
Way to go, Paul! Congrats to your success!

Kim said...

Yea for Paul! Beautiful pics. =)