Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Big 3-0 In Dallas

Last weekend we celebrated my 30th birthday with a weekend getaway to Dallas, Tx. Dallas is only 4.5 hours away so we decided to try it out. (Not really sure why I thought it would be a great idea to go the weekend before I hosted Thanksgiving but at the time it sounded like a good idea)

We left Friday morning and had breakfast at my favorite spot. They have the best chocolate chip pancakes that are huge! Once we arrived in Dallas we went to find my b'day gift. Paul had given me a card that morning with a clue for my gift. The clue was an address in Dallas. He is so creative sometimes. That night had dinner with one of Pauls co-workers and his wife. Before leaving we were able to shop at Ikea which I love and ate some very yummy food at some local hot spots.

Seriously how big is that pancake?

Lunch at a local Tex-Mex place, Check out the size of Paul's burrito in the next photo, it was soooo good.




The Grassy Knoll where JFK was killed. We just happened to visit it on the anniversary date of when it happened so there were a few crazy people there.



my burger and shake from another local spot.

2 comments:

Kim said...

So glad he was creative for your birthday! =)

Bekki said...

Happy belated birthday! I am sure Dallas was so fun!

I hope your first year hosting Tgiving went well - mine did!

Was the Tex-Mex restaurant Chuy's??