Sunday, June 7, 2009

St. Louis


This past weekend Paul and I went to St. Louis to visit one of my best friends, Jodi, and her family. We had a full day on Saturday and did all of the tourist things that St. Louis is known for and most of them were free!! We started the day by going to the Busch Brewery headquaters. This place was so big and much nicer than I thought it would be. The grounds were beautiful and full of rod iron fences, tall brick buildings, statues, and lampposts. Inside the factory it was neat to see how fast and how much they can do. Paul (Jodi's husband) said it reminded him of an episode from Lavergne and Shirley and he was right. It is a brewery and factory in one. We also got to see the famous Clydesdales. They are huge and weigh in at 2000 lbs!! This one corporation is the backbone and a staple for the city.
After that we had lunch at Pappy's. It was featured on Man vs. Food so of course Paul had to go. We had lots of yummy BBQ, Ribs, and the famous Frito Pie.
After lunch we headed downtown to the Arch. There was no way I was going to the top so we just took a few photos of the arch itself and went to the museum section underground that had the history of the arch and how it was built.
After that we went to Busch Stadium for a Cardinals Baseball game. Jodi got us tickets from her work and the seats were unbelievable. We were in a private club section and had access to our own restaurants. The restaurants overlooked the field so we could eat inside and still watch the game. Yes we did all of that in one day and even managed to visit Jodi's sister Melissa and her family!! I was exhausted after the long day and fell asleep in the car on the way home from the game. Here are some pictures of our wonderful weekend. Thank you Jodi and Paul for a wonderful weekend.

Maddie and Paul

Paul and I touching the arch



Jodi and Paul in front of the arch




Me and Paul in front of Busch Stadium



Us in front of Pappy's Smokehouse




The famous Clydesdales



This is Maddies face when you ask her to smile- how cute.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Awwww... I'm so jealous! =) I'm glad you got to see each other. Sounds like you had a great time!
That first picture at the game is great!

Karen said...

seems like you guys are doing well as newlyweds:)...well, with the exception of the fire trucks and all...haha!

I love seeing pics of you girls together...her little girl is soooo cute!